Sunday, October 25, 2009

Annie Leonard: The story of stuff



Watching this video made me feel like I was back in history and geography class while still studying in high school only difference was that it wasn't as bad as those classes. There was a lot there to take in but it was all quite interesting and true. It also made me realize how the manufacturing and consumer industry works around the world because as a young consumer myself, I spend my time buying things unconciously sometimes.

So with the help of this video, it made me realize how much the world needs to change in its production and disposing of products that have been developed for consumers. It also makes me feel quite guilty as being a victim of corporate companies whose purpose is only to make its consumers spend, spend, and spend even more without caring for where it all comes from and where it goes to afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment